Thursday, October 24, 2013

AIRCORES PCBs

More information about the aircore pcbs.

I have selected the chip MLX10407 from Melexis to drive the aircores. In fact, it is the only one with serial protocol I found in the electronic store. This chip is able to drive two 360º aircores and three 90º actuators, although these ones will be useless for our pits, maybe they can be used for roll trim and pitch trim indicators or maybe other instruments by means of a gear.

With this chip I have developed the Aircore Controller pcb.
To hold the aircore you can use your own board or the new Aircore PCB wich will fit in a 40x40 mm instrument. The Aircore Controller pcb can be attached at the bottom side of the Aircore board without any extra wiring by means of two connectors.
You can see both here:

You can, then, wire the second aircore from the Aircore Controller pcb.

To drive the Aircore Controller you will also need the I2CtoSPI pcb. This board is able to drive up to 4 SPI devices and, apart of the aircores, can be used in the future to drive other SPI devices like, for example, the OLED display:


In this way, PSCockpit software will be able to drive up to 8 I2CtoSPI boards, which mean 34 Aircore controllers, which mean 68 (360º) aircores and 102 (90º) actuators.

In summary, for the engine instruments (OIL, NOZ POS, RPM and FTIT) you will need one I2CtoSPI board and two Aircore Controller pcbs for full 360º aircores.

Hope you like it!!
More info about the ICP board to come.

Regards,
Shep

1 comment:

  1. Dear Shep, I you did great job. I try to build my own cocpit and as I see, your system can solve many problems I have with the electronic. But how can I order and buy your boards and controllers? Please let me know, how can I contact you. My email: susijirka@seznam.cz Kindest regards. Jirka

    ReplyDelete